DSDT Helpline

The DSDT are pleased to offer a telephone advice service.
We aim to provide information on enrichment, nutrition, special activities education, health and of course the EHCP application, and much more.

 01323 893323

Helpline open hrs: Monday to Friday 9.30am to 1pm

Emma Parker our EHCP Advisor for the Down Syndrome Development Trust says:

Emma Parker, DSDT advisor for EHCP


I am so delighted to join and support the fantastic work of the DSDT, and I’d like to let you know a little about me, how I can help and how you can reach me.

I’m the parent of a young man with Down’s syndrome and for the past 12 years or so I have worked in the world of SEND supporting parents to know their rights and have their voices heard especially with education matters. Part of my new role with the DSDT is to support families with the EHC plan process. That can be getting a new EHC plan and helping to know what should go in it, and once the plan is in place, an Annual Review happens every year and I can help during that process. I can also support you with meetings with your school, the local authority and happy to help with anything to do with education, health, and social care. I am also very excited to be working on new projects for the DSDT, so watch this space!

Please do contact me – you can email me at emmap.dsdt@gmail.com.

I work part-time usually on Tuesday and Friday.

I look forward to hearing from you or perhaps seeing you at one of the DSDT sporty events with my son Jack.


The charity’s main phone number is: 01323 893 323.